Help again please - sick trachy...fungus??

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Admin/Mods** I accidentally posted this in the soft coral forum, can you please delete from there?**

a few weeks back I posted about this same trachy, whether to reposition him or not - ultimately I left him alone based on the advice I received. At that time he was doing well, magnificent really. He’s been in the tank a couple months and has always been in top form.

About 10 days ago I noticed he had deflated down very tightly and remained that way for a few days. I read that sometimes they do this so I didn’t get overly concerned. Then I noticed that he was turning brown around his inner lip where his polyps hide. I feared bjd so I touched it lightly and found it to be hard and dry, like super dried out leather.

I’ve been monitoring and feeding, he still throws his feeders every night and still accepts food (frozen my sis, etc). A couple days ago it seemed like he was improving, he continues to inflate and deflate but this a.m. I get up to find these little white specks on his tissue, the tissue that appears dead/damaged. What is this, a fungus??

I have a second trachy that’s doing perfectly fine so I know it’s not necessarily a water condition unconducive to trachys.

Please help!! No other corals or fish are showing any issues except for a Duncan that hates me.

Current params
450 calc
8.6 alk
1.026 salinity
77.8 temp

E8C28136-73E5-4096-9354-97DD83E52D87.jpeg

233E6F26-5E2F-40B1-B24F-A89924D4EBB3.jpeg

F14C2E62-1969-47C3-80DF-9BB914FF283B.jpeg

OP
OP
damselindistress

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the picture, or is the brain touching a Zoa on the same frag plug?
This would not be good for the brain I don't think
Yes, there are four zoa polyps that came attached to the actual base of the brain/trachy...could these be problematic?

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The palys are definitely going to cause an early demise to the trachy. Allelopathy from the palys will irritate/kill the coral. IMO I would remove the palys from the coral carefully and wear gloves and eye protection just in case.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back