Help Arranging Electrical Cabinet

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I’m looking at:
DE3263BC-F136-4785-A115-13CBC52C3D74.jpeg

I know there are threads on here addressing electrical organization but I’m having an issue with search terms and finding good threads with multiple options, so please post your favorites!

I’ve set up a fish room, so I hope to keep this compartment completely dry unless I end up needing a chiller. Off the bat I need to install: Apex + 2 power bars, FMM module, return pump controllers x2, temp controllers x2, and gyre controllers 1-2.

I’m a little hesitant to drill into my brand new cabinet but that’s certainly one simple option on the left and right sides (and maybe above the back hole). Making a false wall in the back is a decent option, but I would need ideas on how to hold it in place (and I still need to be able to access this space since that’s the easy way to access the power outlets to hook up a generator during a power outage).

So it’s a blank slate at the moment! What would you do/design/make from the start to keep a neat, clean, organized electrical compartment?

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put all my electrical on a board against the wall to the right of the tank.
If you want a false wall it could be held in place by magnets.

OP
OP
ariellemermaid

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put all my electrical on a board against the wall to the right of the tank.
If you want a false wall it could be held in place by magnets.
Like a piece of plywood on the side? With what to hold it in place; magnets? With my current DT I went with velcro strips and that worked out ok except for the power strip. Just too much weight. I guess by false wall I’m still including plywood against another wall in that definition. Alternatively, with a space behind it to house the electrical cables. I like the idea of keeping the back open for electronics breathing room, so I guess one option here is screwing in a plywood board that would only cover half of the opening.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back