Help: Brooklynella or Velvet?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Furan would be your answer as far as antibiotic.
Swimming sideways is either weakness or bladder

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only added 3ml to each qt. I still have a LONG way to go. I'll wait til 4-5am to add more. I dont want to rush it, but I need to get it up.

Thanks again everyone!!
I don’t mean to sound harsh, but you came on here asking for advice and the one piece of advice you keep getting is don’t wait, get the treatment in there. I’m really curious why you keep choosing to go against all of the solid advice and wait? These diseases kill quickly, you’ve already learned that firsthand.

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mean to sound harsh, but you came on here asking for advice and the one piece of advice you keep getting is don’t wait, get the treatment in there. I’m really curious why you keep choosing to go against all of the solid advice and wait? These diseases kill quickly, you’ve already learned that firsthand.
To be fair, he has been given both advices of 'go fast' and 'go slow' in this thread. And the 'go slow' recommendation came from a more prominent user of the site. Regardless anything slower than 48 hours is pushing it IMO, having seen first hand how quick velvet kills.

OP
OP
JMF2324

JMF2324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so this morning everyone looked good, even the puffer was swimming around. I will start adding copper more often from here on. I will update everyone again when I get home from work.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unfortunately, some of his fish are notoriously sensitive to copper. I think 2-3 days is a good compromise, unless he set up two QTs- one for the wrasses and puffer and another for the less sensitive fish.

Might have saved the tang by going faster, at the expense of the other fish. Not a good spot to be in, in either case :(

OP
OP
JMF2324

JMF2324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got home and went to check on the fish and the Naokos wrasse is not doing good, he is on his side but still alive. This is how he was acting yesterday after a 10 second freshwater dip. I don't know if he's dying or if this is how wrasse act during treatment. The puffer looks great and is actually begging for food as usual. All the other fish seem fine, considering they are in a qt tank with copper.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got home and went to check on the fish and the Naokos wrasse is not doing good, he is on his side but still alive. This is how he was acting yesterday after a 10 second freshwater dip. I don't know if he's dying or if this is how wrasse act during treatment. The puffer looks great and is actually begging for food as usual. All the other fish seem fine, considering they are in a qt tank with copper.
I had a similar outbreak before I learned how to treat fish. Ironically the puffer who should have theoretically been most sensitive to the copper is one of only two fish who survived the ordeal and is still going strong.

OP
OP
JMF2324

JMF2324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm happy to say that all the fish are doing great in quarantine, even the Naokos wrasse is swimming around like normal. I'm mixing some saltwater now so I can do a 25% water change on both tanks. I'm also going to feed them now. I will keep everyone updated.

Again thank you everyone for your help and advice!!!

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm happy to say that all the fish are doing great in quarantine, even the Naokos wrasse is swimming around like normal. I'm mixing some saltwater now so I can do a 25% water change on both tanks. I'm also going to feed them now. I will keep everyone updated.

Again thank you everyone for your help and advice!!!
That is awesome Juan! Glad that you took action so quickly!

OP
OP
JMF2324

JMF2324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update.... the fish are doing great!! Everyone is eating and swimming around normally. The choris wrasse was not very happy the first few days, I didn't add a bowl with sand as I dont have the Hanna copper checker yet, it will be arriving Monday. I'm just going to treat them as if they also had Ich, just in case.

Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back