HELP BUBBLE CORAL DETACHMENT

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I removed my bubble coral from the rock it was on because it was being overgrown by GSP. I used a pocketknife and shaved off the GSP skin that went all way up the side and to the top of bubble coral skeleton. I remounted the bubble coral on a different rock and put back in same spot it’s been for past 8 months. By the next morning it was looking fantastic. The bubbles were fully enlarged and just looked better than it has in a long time. Today as I was walking past tank and noticed the bubble was moving irregularly to one side. The bubble polyps themselves look great however it looks like it’s hanging on by one attachment.
Question - should I leave it be ? It’s not in high flow and in the same exact spot it has always enjoyed. Should I attempt to push some putty and glue on top of Skelton and hope the underside of bubble will stick to it .
IMG_4090.jpeg
IMG_4091.jpeg

Attachments

• video.m4v
    6.3 MB

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks quite fine to me. If the skeleton at some point breaks, you can re-secure it with super glue and epoxy putty. Best to leave it be unless it tells you it isn’t happy :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back