Help cycling tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oso687
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oso687

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
45
Reaction score
10
Location
New fairfield
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a 13.5 gal saltwater tank with Live rock and live sand I used 2 oz of dr Tim’s one and only and I put 4 drops per gal 54 drops of dr Tim’s ammonium chloride my ammonia is reading 8.0 ppm and my nitrite is reading 0.5 I think I might have messed up by adding 4 drops per gal of tank and not the water in the tank is there anything I can do to fix this or do I leave it alone
 
If it’s cycling properly, that 1ppm nitrite should be gone in no time at all. Would be nice to see it come down further but probably not critical.
Just tested both nitrite and nitrate are at 0 ppm
 
Upvote 0
actually I think it’s showing some nitrate
 

Attachments

  • B5744784-F8ED-443D-BF60-BE9982AEA041.jpeg
    B5744784-F8ED-443D-BF60-BE9982AEA041.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
Leave it alone.

The bacteria will catch up and multiply to eat the ammonia. Thats their biological function.

Once ammonia bottoms out and nitrates start to climb then do a water change.
How much of a water change would you recommend at this point for a 90 gallon tank?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new