HELP: DARK RED/BROWN blotches on new purple tilefish

  • Thread starter Thread starter a2beshouri
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

a2beshouri

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got a purple tilefish today that seemed in very good condition ( I watched him eat a the store) and had no noticable injuries. When they tested my water they said nitrites/nitrates/phosphates ect were pretty much 0 However I just noticed that he seems to have some dark red/brown bruise-like marks near its head, and he seems a little lethargic behind a rock... My water parameters are great...but I cant seem to get the guy to eat....any suggestions? I have wanted one of these guys for a while...but I am not sure what is going on w/ him and if it is life threatening
I havent seen any signs of agression between the tilefish and his tankmakes..the only other fish in this 75g tank are two black ice snowflake clowns...a yellow tang...and two gudgeon dart fish...none of which seemed to give him problems
 
Alot of fish have the ability to change colors when stressed out. And with him being new to the tank, I'd say its a good possibility he's stressed out. He needs some time to get accilmmated to his new surroundings. Give him a few days to settle in. He should come out when you feed the tank, just to see whats going on.
How did you acclimate the new fish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new