Help! dead wrasse stuck in base rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter byeung
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

byeung

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
1
Location
Dublin, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up and my sixline was in his cave gasping for air. He died a few hours later. Only problem is I have no way of getting him out without taking down my intricate rock structure and corals. What should I do? Just leave him in there and hope the pods eat away at him? I have no more reef hermits bc they were annoying and killing all my snails.
 
Can you get a coathanger in there to get hiim out / or a suction tube? If not, just know that your Ammonia will likely spike a bit while he decomposes. I would keep an eye on that and do a small water change every 2-3 days to keep that in check. Sorry about the loss. I love my six line - great fish.
 
+1 for suction tube. if you don't have any cleanup crew in the tank i would take it out. fo-sho.
 
How big is your tank and how long has it been up and running. Sixline is a small fish. I lost a 6" wrasse that croaked in my sand cause my purple tang bullied it. I could see it under the rock but couldn't get to it. I left it and within a day the worms were all over it. I never even saw a spike in A, N or P.
 
(tonga nassarius snails) smell dead things and eat them in less than 10-30 mins. I have about 30 in my tank and they find food or dead things no matter where it is and fast. Hope this helps :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new