Help Finding Copper

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im settings up a quarantine tank as my tang seems to have ick. Got the tank tonight and setting it up in the am. Ive ordered an api copper test kit off Amazon and will be here monday but copper power wouldnt be here till Thursday. Is there another good brand to look for? I dont have any good fish stores around me, theres only a petsmart and they dont have anything. Any suggestions? Thanks

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait until the the copper power arrives fish should be fine until then. Just get him settled in qt and keep him well fed.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use a Hanna Copper checker couple with copper power. Whatever copper you use, the Hanna Checker makes getting the dose dead accurate. No guessing a color chart and no overdosing. This is one of the best investments I’ve made for quarantining. It makes it nice to be able to ramp up your Doses to therapeutic levels. If you wind up and use copper power here’s a thread with ratios for dosing. Super handy!

OP
OP
W

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use a Hanna Copper checker couple with copper power. Whatever copper you use, the Hanna Checker makes getting the dose dead accurate. No guessing a color chart and no overdosing. This is one of the best investments I’ve made for quarantining. It makes it nice to be able to ramp up your Doses to therapeutic levels. If you wind up and use copper power here’s a thread with ratios for dosing. Super handy!
Appreciate the insight, already ordered the api. With all the extra Ive had to order and buying another tank, couldnt justify the extra $50 for something I hope Ill never have to use after this.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b
Appreciate the insight, already ordered the api. With all the extra Ive had to order and buying another tank, couldnt justify the extra $50 for something I hope Ill never have to use after this.
You bet!!! I bought the checker from the very beginning of my current set up. I knew I was going to be quarantining several batches of fish, so the cost was justified. I definitely understand the not wanting to spend another 50$$. Just purchased a tank myself. That and most of the components to go with it. This is certainly not a cheap hobby!!! This hobby can seem like a money pit at times. Oh wait, it is a money pit. Lol!!! Now that I’m upgrading, I’ll be quarantining several
more batches, so I’ll definitely get my money’s worth out of it. I’m not sure I would purchase one for a single batch of fish though. It is nice knowing the exact levels of copper though!!! Especially if your dealing with sensitive fish. Haha! But you know what? We survived long before all these fancy meters came out in this hobby!!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 109 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back