HELP! Fragging accident caused my torch coral head to crack

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fragging my torch but when i cut it the head split into 3 pieces! I immediately glued the pieces back together and this is how it looks like now. I wasnt exactly fragging it i guess. I was trying to remove the hugeeee cement base it was aquacultured on and while doing so it snapped. Heres a pic of it right now. Is there a chance that it would heal back up? I know the skeleton cant regrow back together but i was wondering if the polyps would continue to grow or would it just wither away.... im so sad man. It was doing amazing but i didnt like the look of the 3 inch wide cement plug.... I guess the head wasnt long enough to even cut it off safely yet too but looking at the colour of the inside. It was snow white
2E5FA2C7-0CAE-405F-AD96-3506E41EE62B.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me, outcome not good. Mine succumbed to Brown jelly because of the injury. Only time will tell, unfortunately it’s most likely a goner. Hope it pulls through.
dang should i get it out then? Since ive got 2 other huge colonies of anchors and frog? To be safe i mean. I had brown jelly kill 500 worth of my frogs and hammers last time and i dont want it happening again

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how were you cutting it? bone cutter or dremel?
Well it was a needle nose plier. I normally use pliers to frag my Euphyllias but this time it didnt work out as planned. Its extending its polyps now so i hope it improves

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was a needle nose plier. I normally use pliers to frag my Euphyllias but this time it didnt work out as planned. Its extending its polyps now so i hope it improves

i have had great success with a dremel... i tried once with bone cutters and the same thing happened.... with a dremel you can get really close to the head and not worry about it splitting.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
i have had great success with a dremel... i tried once with bone cutters and the same thing happened.... with a dremel you can get really close to the head and not worry about it splitting.
dont have access to a dremel here. Im not in the US so dremels where i am cost 400 bucks or more. Wanted to get one but yea it cost too much here

DIAZ REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch has a fracture in it, and now I believe brown jelly is coming from the base, is this possible?

Attachments

• DEFFD178-756E-4AB2-80A4-D721FD0C73B5.jpeg
    DEFFD178-756E-4AB2-80A4-D721FD0C73B5.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 246

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back