OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the main thing is you are happy with the tank, if it’s nagging you now, you could get over that, probably will, now is the time to decide.
chances are it will be fine, shame you have to goes through this after spending so much money.

good move asking them to allow a fill test, if they refuse then you have a clear reason to demand a refund, you are trying to work with them, hopefully they will do likewise.
Yeah I’m happy with the tank as long as it passes a multi day leak test. It is definitely well built. It’s definitely not a good way to start my first reef tank build though. I hope they allow the test or I’m going to request a new tank cause I’m not going to risk it.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m happy with the tank as long as it passes a multi day leak test. It is definitely well built. It’s definitely not a good way to start my first reef tank build though. I hope they allow the test or I’m going to request a new tank cause I’m not going to risk it.

Yeah, that’s what I’d do. And what I’ll do if my tank has the same thing happen when I finally am able to order it. I’m going with planet aquarium because I’m looking for an 8 ft tank and WB doesn’t make one non custom.

Side note, I’m really confused as to why someone gave me a laughing response to my saying just make sure the leak test doesn’t void your warranty or something. Oh well lol

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, I’m really confused as to why someone gave me a laughing response to my saying just make sure the leak test doesn’t void your warranty or something. Oh well lol

I’m guessing they missed the part where the warranty is invalid if you don’t use their stand?

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages what do you think about this, being you’re a manufacturer?
Thanks for asking @BeltedCoyote. I only know my experience and our direct customer experiences. In this very forum you can search and read about how Glass Cages has handled such challenges. Look at the posts after the Glass Cages leadership transition in October 2019.

Glass Cages recommends the customer reject any shipment they feel is compromised. Even if it is subtle. Accepting the shipment will negate access to the insurance on the shipment. However, sometimes there is damage that is not initial seen at first inspection. So, Glass Cages takes care of the challenge. We honor the hobbyist and respond in a way we would want to be supported if we were the customer.

Also, regarding warranty. We have extended to our customers the option of desired warranty, 90 day up to lifetime. you pick. And the tank doesn't need to be on a Glass Cages stand. Any stand. Your stand. another manufactures stand. We frequently step outside of our warranty to support the hobbyist. That is the way I would want to be supported.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for asking @BeltedCoyote. I only know my experience and our direct customer experiences. In this very forum you can search and read about how Glass Cages has handled such challenges. Look at the posts after the Glass Cages leadership transition in October 2019.

Glass Cages recommends the customer reject any shipment they feel is compromised. Even if it is subtle. Accepting the shipment will negate access to the insurance on the shipment. However, sometimes there is damage that is not initial seen at first inspection. So, Glass Cages takes care of the challenge. We honor the hobbyist and respond in a way we would want to be supported if we were the customer.

Hope this helps.

thanks @Joe Glass Cages. People were asking for a manufacturer’s take on this. You’re the one I know of so thanks for answering the call.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks @Joe Glass Cages. People were asking for a manufacturer’s take on this. You’re the one I know of so thanks for answering the call.
my pleasure. Appreciate that. I do love this group and forum. its all in the journey. patience and support in the learning journey is so refreshing.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my pleasure. Appreciate that. I do love this group and forum. its all in the journey. patience and support in the learning journey is so refreshing.

Agreed. Literally why I’m on here so much my lady laughs at me lol. I was told by a certain old salt to get in touch with you regarding some plans I have for a frag tank. Looks at @fishguy242. Lol. Thanks again for your input!

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, regarding warranty. We have extended to our customers the option of desired warranty, 90 day up to lifetime. you pick. And the tank doesn't need to be on a Glass Cages stand. Any stand. Your stand. another manufactures stand. We frequently step outside of our warranty to support the hobbyist. That is the way I would want to be supported.

Hope this helps.
This helped thank you. I will definitely look more into your company for when I set up a shallow nano in my room.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you accepted delivery AND unboxed the dang thing AND didn't sign for it as "potentially damaged" ..... you're now at the M E R C Y of Waterboxes customer service.

They could tell you legally that you're on your own since you accepted delivery. No legal proof of the delivery truck story and/or what happened when it was in your hands after the truck drove away.

Personally I would have asked the driver to take it back to his facility until you talked to Waterbox. Denying any acceptance of the shipment. If he said "no", I would rip his mustache off his face.

Say....if i bought a car from Carvana and the driver slammed the car on the pavement causing the car to bounce a few times violently.... you bet your rear-end i wouldn't accept the car and would be immediately on the phone with Carvana about potential broken struts/suspension

Last edited:

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps or not. You have no idea how hard a tank is dropped, bumped or whatever during shipping. You were just unlucky/lucky enough to see it happen. Silicon is very flexible. I don’t think it would have been damaged. The chip looks okay as well. If there are no cracks; I would use the tank. If you really don’t like the chip then push to get a replacement...but I wouldn’t worry about the silicon.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you accepted delivery AND unboxed the dang thing AND didn't sign for it as "potentially damaged" ..... you're now at the M E R C Y of Waterboxes customer service.

They could tell you legally that you're on your own since you accepted delivery. No legal proof of the delivery truck story and/or what happened when it was in your hands after the truck drove away.

Personally I would have asked the driver to take it back to his facility until you talked to Waterbox. Denying any acceptance of the shipment. If he said "no", I would rip his mustache off his face.

Say....if i bought a car from Carvana and the driver slammed the car on the pavement causing the car to bounce a few times violently.... you bet your rear-end i wouldn't accept the car and would be immediately on the phone with Carvana about potential role struts/suspension

Pray tell friend, dramatic bold orange text aside, how does this help OP? Other than flashy showmanship?

real talk, you’re not completely wrong. There is a risk, because OP hasn’t dealt with this before and didn’t have your wisdom being it’s his first time ordering a tank. But let’s be real. Are you actually trying to help him? I’m sleepy so I may be missing something. But...

Doesn’t seem like there much more to your post than “well, you messed up”.

Last edited:

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that the silicone is the weak point of the tank. Silicone is extremely elastic and robust except for cutting. I think if no glass is broken it is still ok and without damage.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WB has been extremely helpful throughout all this and they said I can fill it up to make sure their are no leaks while it is still under the warranty.

BAB3C5BA-666D-4E8B-AE9F-5C4BBDB4B4B9.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone repost a pic of place where the chip on the glass is, with a ring around the chip?

a couple of people have said the chip looks fine but I can not even see a chip never mind comment on it’s risk to the tank.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Say....if i bought a car from Carvana and the driver slammed the car on the pavement causing the car to bounce a few times violently.... you bet your rear-end i wouldn't accept the car and would be immediately on the phone with Carvana about potential broken struts/suspension
This was my first time ordering a tank so I wasn’t exactly sure what your supposed to do. I would have signed for it as dropped if I was given the chance to sign for it in the first place. They also asked for me to unbox it all the way so I could fully inspect for damages. WB also says to accept delivery, you can go up to one of my past posts where I send a part of the freight agreement. But WB has been very helpful throughout all of this.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone repost a pic of place where the chip on the glass is, with a ring around the chip?

a couple of people have said the chip looks fine but I can not even see a chip never mind comment on it’s risk to the tank.
I never posted a photo of it. But here it is. It’s extremely minor, it won’t rly affect anything.

93AD698F-2C56-4B12-9623-B2B6A69068FB.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never posted a photo of it. But here it is. It’s extremely minor, it won’t rly affect anything.

93AD698F-2C56-4B12-9623-B2B6A69068FB.jpeg

glad WB are being nice about it. like I said there CS is top notch.
looks more like a scratch to me. in that on the front? if so that would drive me crazy.
hopefully its some where not noticeable.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad WB are being nice about it. like I said there CS is top notch.
looks more like a scratch to me. in that on the front? if so that would drive me crazy.
hopefully its some where not noticeable.
+1 on looking like a scratch. Not likely to affect its water holding at all. Is it in a spot that will be hidden from view?Sounds like WB is being reasonable Throughout this.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back