OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad WB are being nice about it. like I said there CS is top notch.
looks more like a scratch to me. in that on the front? if so that would drive me crazy.
hopefully its some where not noticeable.
No it’s on the bottom so it will be covered anyways and it’s rly minor so it doesn’t bother me, and yes there cs is top notch. They are letting me do a leak test under warranty even though I didn’t purchase there stand. They also offered to send me something for the trouble which is nice.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad WB is taking care of you @Aidanj.
Welcome to the community. Can't wait to see pics of this build as it progresses.
Yeah I’ll definitely send photos when it’s set up and aquascaped in this thread and I’m setting up a build thread soon, I will have some time when I’m done building my stand

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never posted a photo of it. But here it is. It’s extremely minor, it won’t rly affect anything.

93AD698F-2C56-4B12-9623-B2B6A69068FB.jpeg

thanks for the pic I didn’t think you had posted a picture of the chip, I only asked because a couple of people had posted that the chip didn’t look too bad! Was wondering how they could say having not seen it.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages is glasscages.com located in Nashville, TN ? And do you allow customers to pick up custom aquariums from you warehouse? I plan on doing a 240g long peninsula build in the near future and glasscages.com is looking like a potential option.
@rwreef, for sure you can come to our Studio and pickup up your tank build. We would love to give you a tour of Glass Cages as well. So much innovation going on and we love to share and get feedback as well. Come on Down!

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad WB are being nice about it. like I said there CS is top notch.
looks more like a scratch to me. in that on the front? if so that would drive me crazy.
hopefully its some where not noticeable.
So glad you are getting great support. Great job Waterbox!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I just received my waterbox. While the freight driver was lowering the tank on the lift 1 corner got caught and it dropped about a foot when it became unstuck. The tank looks fine but I’m extremely worried about putting a 143 gallon tank in my house after knowing it has been dropped. I emailed waterbox tonight but they won’t get back to me until tomorrow, I’ll let you know what they say. Do you have any advice. Do you think this would cause problems in the future. I’m drilling the tank and using my own stand so my warranty is void when I set it up.

Normally - (hind sight is always 20:20) - but normally you might have been better off had you not signed for the shipment - it would have caused a delay - but normally if you inspect the equipment from the truck - and accept delivery with a signature it releases the driver / trucking company from any liability - depending on what the 'fine print' says on the paper. When I got my RedSea tank I happened to notice this little 'paragraph' - so I told the driver - sorry you're going to have to wait until I unpack this (Huge wooden) crate. It was actually funny - he said - do you want me to help I love aquariums - I said sure - he then helped me bring it into the house . Hopefully water box will be able to tell you what to look for for any damage - if there are no obvious cracks - you probably won't have a problem.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally - (hind sight is always 20:20) - but normally you might have been better off had you not signed for the shipment - it would have caused a delay - but normally if you inspect the equipment from the truck - and accept delivery with a signature it releases the driver / trucking company from any liability - depending on what the 'fine print' says on the paper. When I got my RedSea tank I happened to notice this little 'paragraph' - so I told the driver - sorry you're going to have to wait until I unpack this (Huge wooden) crate. It was actually funny - he said - do you want me to help I love aquariums - I said sure - he then helped me bring it into the house . Hopefully water box will be able to tell you what to look for for any damage - if there are no obvious cracks - you probably won't have a problem.
I never signed for the tank, I did inspect it before the driver left though. There where no obvious cracks. Wb has been very helpful and have told me what to look for. Looking back at it there are things I would do differently, but this was my first tank and it seems to be fine. I’m doing a leak test tomorrow to make sure all the seems are good though.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never signed for the tank, I did inspect it before the driver left though. There where no obvious cracks. Wb has been very helpful and have told me what to look for. Looking back at it there are things I would do differently, but this was my first tank and it seems to be fine. I’m doing a leak test tomorrow to make sure all the seems are good though.
Thats good. I mentioned it mostly to remind people - not so sign for a freight delivery - until you've inspected it - even if they have to wait. Especially if there is any damage on the outside. I'm sure it will work - part of the reason they are put in crates, etc like that are to take 'little bumps' lol:). Hope it works out

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could’ve refused the shipment. I don’t sign until the product is on the ground.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you are a teen still and paid for this yourself! I am so sorry that this happened. It is hard at any age. But for something to happen to one so young and lacking in experience. I commend you for seeking advice. It is so hard when something that should be a great experience becomes shadowed by worry and indecision. I remember my first real tank. My dad bought me a 30 gallon fresh water tank and stand for my 13 th birthday.

good luck with your build!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is looking like final outcome?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
will be following,and then waiting for the build thread ;) :cool:

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drilled tank would be nice but my basement floors are uneven so I have to custom build a stand. Hopefully they’ll replace it though cause idk how I feel about setting up a dropped rimless tank when I wonder how the silicone even holds it without it being dropped

I have always wondered how the silicone holds it together also. A pinch of magic!

Not sure if the basement floor is concrete or covered. But just a thought there are ways to level concrete. Had to do it once before laying tile. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wondered how the silicone holds it together also. A pinch of magic!

Not sure if the basement floor is concrete or covered. But just a thought there are ways to level concrete. Had to do it once before laying tile. Good luck.
It’s carpet over concrete. I can’t really level it but that would be nice if I could.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you do need to make sure stand, and test surface are level in both directions

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back