Help! Green Chromis after 60 day QT.

Gilbert50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help with what is going on? I have treated with copper power for 30 days, Metropex for 3 full treatments. Is this bacterial or Uronema?? They seem to be eating very well and behavior is fine. They have shown these symptoms about 10 days after I purchased them, which was back in mid August.

Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to put any of these fish into my DT!!

56B86BC0-06F9-4880-BA4B-E3DE3FEAFB0E.jpeg 7A028A84-8E2D-420F-955E-C578F13A6CF1.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your chromis. It's hard to tell from the photos. Can you help us by describing the symptoms you see and or some closer pictures.

OP
OP
Gilbert50

Gilbert50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Big G!! Would it be better to remove the fish to take a better picture? If you look at one of the first pictures I posted, you can see a little of what has been going on. It started as red areas and overtime it turns white and looks like the area becomes raised. Some of them have it around their head, eyes area and the areas look deep...it looks terrible. They are all eating well and acting fine!! I just haven’t been able to help them with what they have. I was looking into Ruby Rally bath...but not sure due to the challenge of have the correct diagnosis....its tough to watch!! If it was Uronema, would they have lasted this long...going for over 2 months now! If it’s bacteria, then hopefully I can help.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be the result of aggression among themselves?

OP
OP
Gilbert50

Gilbert50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks foxt...but they all seem to get along. They stay in a small group most of the time...I have seen some very light aggression from one or two of them but nothing that could cause injury. I am definitely in the dark on this one.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Big G!! Would it be better to remove the fish to take a better picture? If you look at one of the first pictures I posted, you can see a little of what has been going on. It started as red areas and overtime it turns white and looks like the area becomes raised. Some of them have it around their head, eyes area and the areas look deep...it looks terrible. They are all eating well and acting fine!! I just haven’t been able to help them with what they have. I was looking into Ruby Rally bath...but not sure due to the challenge of have the correct diagnosis....its tough to watch!! If it was Uronema, would they have lasted this long...going for over 2 months now! If it’s bacteria, then hopefully I can help.
Hmm. When you treated with Metro, did you both treat the water and feed metro (mixed with food + Focus)?
Aggression between chromis is kind of a commonly reported issue. Sometimes they pick each other off until just one remains.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%

Back