Help id 3 torches

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked these up from a local guy I trade/buy with yesterday he said they were from Australia but I think 2 of them are indos and maybe 1 is from Australia. I took these pics yesterday after being in my tank for an hour and my goto lfs guy says from just looking at the pics there indo and mentioned 1 could be an Indo gold, Dragon soul and not sure on the 3rd but seeing them in person he would know what they were. The pics were taken with my Kessils at 100%blue with an orange filter on my cell phone. Although they look good in the pics they look much better when viewing them with your eyes only and I didn't want to start editing them to try and get them to look like you would see them with your own eyes. So any torch experts that want to take there best guess on an ID for these 3 I would appreciate it. Thanks
20210627_121857.jpg
20210627_122052.jpg
20210627_122047.jpg
20210627_122043.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, nice torches !!!. thinking ,left to rt, knicks,dragon soul,not sure ,looks aussie on 3.
@MERKEY most likely can give you a positive id.. ;) :cool:

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your guess, my guy said dragon soul on the 2nd one too. Note none have green mouths if that helps. The nicer one(middle one) has 2 heads others are 1. I won't mention what I got them for cuz no one would believe me but when I can frag them a year or 2 down the road I will pass on the deal to the next guy.

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really pretty torches! Yes grab what else he had hahaha

I say the same...

There are a lot of names now a days but for generic purposes those 3 fit 100%
Ya I'm gonna get some more as the 180g I have sitting in the garage is replacing this tank asap and will have plenty of room to fill. Kinda weird I'm saying this as you can see in the following pic I really like fish better than corals though I like all types of corals acropora's have always been my favorite but I've gotten bored with them and torches for some reason have jumped to my favorites and jumped to priority #1.
20210620_162730.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya I'm gonna get some more as the 180g I have sitting in the garage is replacing this tank asap and will have plenty of room to fill. Kinda weird I'm saying this as you can see in the following pic I really like fish better than corals though I like all types of corals acropora's have always been my favorite but I've gotten bored with them and torches for some reason have jumped to my favorites and jumped to priority #1.
20210620_162730.jpg
Oh yes I remember your tank and the triggers ;)

Love it!

I kind of skipped all the other corals and went for the torches hahah
IMG_20210623_141032_638.jpg
IMG_20210623_141032_765.jpg
IMG_20210623_141032_720.jpg

IMG_20210623_141032_793.jpg

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes I remember your tank and the triggers ;)

Love it!

I kind of skipped all the other corals and went for the torches hahah
IMG_20210623_141032_638.jpg
IMG_20210623_141032_765.jpg
IMG_20210623_141032_720.jpg

IMG_20210623_141032_793.jpg
Oh dear lord that's a gorgeous garden of torches, I'm definitely going in that direction with my 180g, along with my triggers of course.

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm almost out the door and my wife asks "where are you going?" Me... I just got a text from one of my lfs's and he said he's got some hot torches (he knows I've got torch fever and I'm stocking up to fill the 180g that's replacing my tank). So she asks are they gonna be as nice looking as the ones from yesterday and are you gonna go get more from your friend you got the pretty ones yesterday? I answer the one I'm getting from the lfs is gonna be prettier and special and yes I'm driving over to his house to get a couple more. Her response " good I was just hoping you weren't gonna get some of those (pointing to the Acropora's) as I really like the torches because they sway in the current and look "pretty". Then she asks when are you getting your new triggers (I ask which ones) she says those 2 "pretty" ones, I ask, you mean the Crosshatch pair, she says yes, I tell her I'm not picking them up till I have the 180G (sitting in the garage) switched out with the current tank. She gives me a kiss and says have fun. I knew when I was dating her 27 years ago this one is special! Well I'm out the door now will post a pic for you guys of what I end up with, as seing @MERKEY his torch garden has inspired me to have something like that in the future.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I'm almost out the door and my wife asks "where are you going?" Me... I just got a text from one of my lfs's and he said he's got some hot torches (he knows I've got torch fever and I'm stocking up to fill the 180g that's replacing my tank). So she asks are they gonna be as nice looking as the ones from yesterday and are you gonna go get more from your friend you got the pretty ones yesterday? I answer the one I'm getting from the lfs is gonna be prettier and special and yes I'm driving over to his house to get a couple more. Her response " good I was just hoping you weren't gonna get some of those (pointing to the Acropora's) as I really like the torches because they sway in the current and look "pretty". Then she asks when are you getting your new triggers (I ask which ones) she says those 2 "pretty" ones, I ask, you mean the Crosshatch pair, she says yes, I tell her I'm not picking them up till I have the 180G (sitting in the garage) switched out with the current tank. She gives me a kiss and says have fun. I knew when I was dating her 27 years ago this one is special! Well I'm out the door now will post a pic for you guys of what I end up with, as seing @MERKEY his torch garden has inspired me to have something like that in the future.
Love this!

I always wanted a trigger but was told they will crunch my coral hahaha

I'm glad I was able to help enable the torch fascination ;) any way I can help build a torch garden and then turn it into a jungle, I will gladly do ;Hilarious :p

Tell your wife I'm sorry ;Shy

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your guess, my guy said dragon soul on the 2nd one too. Note none have green mouths if that helps. The nicer one(middle one) has 2 heads others are 1. I won't mention what I got them for cuz no one would believe me but when I can frag them a year or 2 down the road I will pass on the deal to the next guy.
Those are garbage! Get rid of them, they are awful. In fact I will take them off your hands so you don’t need to look at them! :)
Goodness you got some beautiful torches!

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are garbage! Get rid of them, they are awful. In fact I will take them off your hands so you don’t need to look at them! :)
Goodness you got some beautiful torches!
Thanks just put in the 3 new ones although 1 is the same as the one from yesterday just larger the consensus Dragon soul, the 2 new ones are a banana torch( now the best looking imo of all of them) and a green stem one with yellow tips, will post a pic when they expand some.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back