Help ID Brittle Star

Hardmasterflex

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if anyone knew what type of brittle star this is.

image.jpeg
 
hmmm dunno.. im going to follow.. If it would be my guess it looks predator type. ( but like i said i have no clue )

lets hope its not a Ophiorachna incrassata but an Ophiolepis superba

Dit you buy it from an LFS or did you get it with some live rock?
 
Last edited:
hmmm dunno.. im going to follow.. If it would be my guess it looks predator type. ( but like i said i have no clue )

lets hope its not a Ophiorachna incrassata but an Ophiolepis superba

Dit you buy it from an LFS or did you get it with some live rock?
Why's that? What's the difference?
 
Well if you got it on live rock it could be a Pest. If you got it from an LFS.. he probably knows what hes selling and then your chances are better having something thats reef safe.,
I got him from the local fish store. And I'm not worried about him, cause I made a tank for a shamefaced crab. And put this guy in there. I'm not worried about him hurting my crab. More worried my crab may hurt him.
 
I was asking about the two different types of brittles you were mentioning
 
Ophioderma squamosissimus 100%.

It cannot be an ophiorachna incrassata (obviously).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new