Help ID-ing Green algae(?) on GSP mat

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm still new to this hobby. Lately I have seen some green(?) algae on top of my GSP mat. Im not sure if its green or brown cause with the blue lights I see brown spots on the mat whereas in white lights its green. Im not sure what it is so a help in ID would be appreciated.

I apologize for the poor picture quality and lighting but hope this helps (these pictures are under white light)
1625746312225.png
1625746334212.png

The places where these spots are also might be the cause to the polyps not extending. Any way I can fix this or remove it safely?

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a baby gum toothbrush and gently clean mine off when it needs. I think that’s a good algae but I’m not anywhere near knowledgeable on it. I just know that it’s helped me in the past to clean it with a super soft toothbrush.

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a baby gum toothbrush and gently clean mine off when it needs. I think that’s a good algae but I’m not anywhere near knowledgeable on it. I just know that it’s helped me in the past to clean it with a super soft toothbrush.
I see, so youd just scrub it off til its all purple and clean again? How long can you pull GSP out of water though? ahaha

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea,
I see, so youd just scrub it off til its all purple and clean again? How long can you pull GSP out of water though? ahaha

Ive done it in tank with filtration and flow on (probably wrong to but it’s it’s encrusted onto my back glass and it didn’t really cause any problems) . Only thing “fancy” about my filtration would be a tiny uv and 1/2 bag of chemi-pure (I run a 13.5 evo).

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea,

Ive done it in tank with filtration and flow on (probably wrong to but it’s it’s encrusted onto my back glass and it didn’t really cause any problems) . Only thing “fancy” about my filtration would be a tiny uv and 1/2 bag of chemi-pure (I run a 13.5 evo).
I see, I think Id just pull out the frag then scrub it till its clean. Is it okay to wash the debris with RODI fresh water? Or does it require salt water when I need to wash it off?

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull a cup of water from your tanks d clean/dip in there.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back