Help ID some corals

TommyDelaney

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
27
Location
Fort Worth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought 2 new corals from lfs and would like help ID the corals.

image.jpg
image.jpg

hopefully some of y’all can help. Thanks
 
Might turn up that yellow channel ... and yeah I’m usually guilty also .... :D
anyway, to my bad eyes the 2nd looks like a elegance ,,,, 1st ? Monti ? chalice ? Better pic?
 
The second one looks like a Montipora digitata. Not sure about the first one though. Psammocora?
 
I agree that looks like psammiocora

The "digitata" could actually be M. altsepta or M. sarmensis, would need a better pic to see if skeleton has ridges and immersed corallites, or if its smoother.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new