Help id this algae please

dwdoworkdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been up 3 months or so. Not quite sure what this is. Was hopping it was a quick and easy id lol. It’s not hairy or anything just turning the rocks green I was fighting off brown string algae for about a week then this started to grow. Cuc doesn’t seem to eat it and lawnmower doesn’t seem to be interested.

IMG_5465.jpeg IMG_5464.jpeg

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a tank going through the normal maturing stage, nothing to concern yourself with. Just keep a log of your parameters and take it as it comes.

OP
OP
D

dwdoworkdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a tank going through the normal maturing stage, nothing to concern yourself with. Just keep a log of your parameters and take it as it comes.
Thank you I had about a week and a half of trouble. Long story short I put some chemi pure elite in there (to much as well) and it’s zeroed out my nitrates and phosphates so I thought I had Dino’s and I was dosing peroxide and all that fun stuff. And then they started growing after I got everything balanced back out so I wasn’t quite sure if it was normal or not thank you. Good sir I currently have my lights on all blue to help fight the nuisance algae I was dealing with I haven’t seen any of that and three days or so is it OK to gradually turn my whites back up? along with my red and green or should I leave the red and greens off for a while?

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can start raising your whites, reds and greens slowly. I wouldn’t dose hydrogen peroxide, your rocks just need to mature.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back