Help identifying a coral!

BRS

ejl2529

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone help me to identify the specific kind of coral this is, pictured below, the coral in the middle? I purchased it online, and it said it was an orange crush acan. But, this looks nothing like any of the other acans that I have.

Thanks for any help. :)

9EEF0066-37FE-4DAB-8187-7D257C520DB7.jpeg

Gtinnel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It does stand out as being different in the middle of your acan garden. Definitely not an acan.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone help me to identify the specific kind of coral this is, pictured below, the coral in the middle? I purchased it online, and it said it was an orange crush acan. But, this looks nothing like any of the other acans that I have.

Thanks for any help. :)

9EEF0066-37FE-4DAB-8187-7D257C520DB7.jpeg
Idk, it could be a monti but I’m also thinking it might be a cyphastrea that has encrusted a coral skeleton. I’m not 100% certain. Maybe a picture under some whites would clear things up.

OP
ejl2529

ejl2529

View Badges
Reaction score
Idk, it could be a monti but I’m also thinking it might be a cyphastrea that has encrusted a coral skeleton. I’m not 100% certain. Maybe a picture under some whites would clear things up.
Thanks. The seller eventually got back to me and said it is a cyphastrea and that they made a mistake and sent the wrong coral. It would have cost double what I initially paid.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks. The seller eventually got back to me and said it is a cyphastrea and that they made a mistake and sent the wrong coral. It would have cost double what I initially paid.
Oh it is a cyphastrea after all. So are u returning it back to them or keeping it?

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM