Help identifying disease

ILike2Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the long explanation but hope it helps.

I did not have my treatment quarantine ready to go when I got this small Hippo Tang (#1) so I put him in an “observation only” quarantine for two weeks. He never showed signs of disease so I put him into my 310g display tank and he was doing great. A couple of weeks later an opportunity presented itself on another small Hippo Tang (#2). I was able to run #2 through a full copper and Prazi treatment quarantine for two weeks. I then put him in a large acclimation box in the 310g for a couple of days and then took a gamble that they would both get along and released #2 into the 310, as well.

Unfortunately, #1 did not care for #2 and began chasing and nipping at him. Luckily, #2 was disoriented enough in the new surroundings that I was able to capture him and remove from the tank. However, almost immediately #1 started showing signs of ick and this white “spot” showed up on his side. Any ideas as to what this is?
11453817-870A-4A89-AED6-DA506C4EAF8E.jpeg


B0B895E8-60A7-45EF-9471-0FA778E093CD.jpeg 7F44F33F-5E36-48A4-84BE-D3DFDF18822E.jpeg
 
Sorry for the long explanation but hope it helps.

I did not have my treatment quarantine ready to go when I got this small Hippo Tang (#1) so I put him in an “observation only” quarantine for two weeks. He never showed signs of disease so I put him into my 310g display tank and he was doing great. A couple of weeks later an opportunity presented itself on another small Hippo Tang (#2). I was able to run #2 through a full copper and Prazi treatment quarantine for two weeks. I then put him in a large acclimation box in the 310g for a couple of days and then took a gamble that they would both get along and released #2 into the 310, as well.

Unfortunately, #1 did not care for #2 and began chasing and nipping at him. Luckily, #2 was disoriented enough in the new surroundings that I was able to capture him and remove from the tank. However, almost immediately #1 started showing signs of ick and this white “spot” showed up on his side. Any ideas as to what this is?
11453817-870A-4A89-AED6-DA506C4EAF8E.jpeg


B0B895E8-60A7-45EF-9471-0FA778E093CD.jpeg 7F44F33F-5E36-48A4-84BE-D3DFDF18822E.jpeg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

As fast as the large white spot, maybe the other tang tagged him?

I do see some other diffuse spots, that probably ich. Other fish in the tank may have been exposed, but coppersafe in a treatment tank is what I would suggest for that.

Jay
 
40 mins ago, my auto feeder dropped food and my hepatus got excited and swam into my digita and has very similar which I call it " damage". This as Jay indicated may be what youre seeing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new