Help identifying snails?

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2023
Messages
49
Reaction score
7
Location
Mexico City
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!!

For the past weeks, I watched tiny snails growing in my tank, I completely ignoredd it, but now I noticed there are tons of snails and some of them are growing, still tiny but growing, just in 1 glass today I counted 17.

So I was wondering if any of you guys can identify this type of snail, I took a cocouple pictures of one of them with a digital microscope, here are the pictures.

20231005-110444-767.jpg 20231005-112126-745.jpg 20231005-112123-672.jpg 20231005-110444-767.jpg
 
Hi!!

For the past weeks, I watched tiny snails growing in my tank, I completely ignoredd it, but now I noticed there are tons of snails and some of them are growing, still tiny but growing, just in 1 glass today I counted 17.

So I was wondering if any of you guys can identify this type of snail, I took a cocouple pictures of one of them with a digital microscope, here are the pictures.

20231005-110444-767.jpg 20231005-112126-745.jpg 20231005-112123-672.jpg 20231005-110444-767.jpg
Collonista snails, good guys, they reproduce like rabbits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new