Help identifying

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
1,082
Location
Ellijay
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this matte fuzzy growth on coral?
20200808_225710.jpg
 
probably green hair algae but do you have a pic?
 
Sponge. Get yourself a dwarf angel. It’ll be gone in no time
 
Definitely sponge.
 
Yer just a sponge
nothing to worry about.
You might be over feeding a little and if so that green hair algae will spread like wild fire. Maybe try remove the gha and cut down on nutrient input until there is no sign of any more growing.
always best to catch it early!
 
Yer just a sponge
nothing to worry about.
You might be over feeding a little and if so that green hair algae will spread like wild fire. Maybe try remove the gha and cut down on nutrient input until there is no sign of any more growing.
always best to catch it early!
I purchased the live rock from local aquarium store and it came with all that algae and I decided to leave it for a couple weeks My tank is only about a month old.
 
I purchased the live rock from local aquarium store and it came with all that algae and I decided to leave it for a couple weeks My tank is only about a month old.
I guessed by how clean your other rocks are that the sponge and gha were probably hitch hikers into a new tank but like i say, probably best to remove the gha. I just won a major battle with gha and bryopsis and it wasnt easy as i let it get out of hand.
Anyway good luck with your tank, hope it goes well!
 
Proliferan sponge and a filter feeder but can overtake rock. You can remove with firm toothbrush if it starts to get out of hand
 
I guessed by how clean your other rocks are that the sponge and gha were probably hitch hikers into a new tank but like i say, probably best to remove the gha. I just won a major battle with gha and bryopsis and it wasnt easy as i let it get out of hand.
Anyway good luck with your tank, hope it goes well!
Thank you! I definitely will
 
Proliferan sponge and a filter feeder but can overtake rock. You can remove with firm toothbrush if it starts to get out of hand
Are there any benefits to that sponge? If I isolate the rock as an island
 
@Jilly92 Which Canton are you from if you don't mind me asking? I might be in your area.
 
Last edited:
IMO, they are kind of an eye sore if they are in the display, and they grow fast. If you have a sump i'd put them in that.
 
IMO, they are kind of an eye sore if they are in the display, and they grow fast. If you have a sump i'd put them in that.
Ty. I dont have a sump but I'm in the middle of making a frag tank so I will just put it in there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new