Help! Is my GBTA dead??

JLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had this green bubble anemone for a few weeks now. He finally chose a spot last week and has stayed put. He has been inflating/deflating on and off but his mouth has seemed healthy for the most part. He was fine last night and this morning he looks like this! There is a big emerald crab that has been trying to keep himself wedged between the anemone and the rock. Did he shred him up or something? I am assuming there is no saving this anemone?
Thank you!

IMG_0529.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he's upside down but I see tentacles so no he's not dead yet...not until he's mush...

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had this green bubble anemone for a few weeks now. He finally chose a spot last week and has stayed put. He has been inflating/deflating on and off but his mouth has seemed healthy for the most part. He was fine last night and this morning he looks like this! There is a big emerald crab that has been trying to keep himself wedged between the anemone and the rock. Did he shred him up or something? I am assuming there is no saving this anemone?
Thank you!

IMG_0529.jpeg
How old is the tank? And what are your water parameters? I would pull him out now before he dies and nukes everything in the tank. If you are able to, set up a little quarantine tank and put him in there.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I see this is your first post, welcome to r2r!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tenor.gif

OP
OP
J

JLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he's upside down but I see tentacles so no he's not dead yet...not until he's mush...
I couldn't tell if it was it's foot or mouth, so I flipped it. It is indeed his mouth- his foot is intact but he is pretty lifeless. Goner?

IMG_0531.jpeg

OP
OP
J

JLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to flush him- no movement and bits were starting to come off of him and I didn't want to risk it. Depressed :(
Thank you for the help!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back