Help! Is my GBTA dead??

JLE

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had this green bubble anemone for a few weeks now. He finally chose a spot last week and has stayed put. He has been inflating/deflating on and off but his mouth has seemed healthy for the most part. He was fine last night and this morning he looks like this! There is a big emerald crab that has been trying to keep himself wedged between the anemone and the rock. Did he shred him up or something? I am assuming there is no saving this anemone?
Thank you!


IMG_0529.jpeg
 
Looks like he's upside down but I see tentacles so no he's not dead yet...not until he's mush...
 
We have had this green bubble anemone for a few weeks now. He finally chose a spot last week and has stayed put. He has been inflating/deflating on and off but his mouth has seemed healthy for the most part. He was fine last night and this morning he looks like this! There is a big emerald crab that has been trying to keep himself wedged between the anemone and the rock. Did he shred him up or something? I am assuming there is no saving this anemone?
Thank you!


IMG_0529.jpeg
How old is the tank? And what are your water parameters? I would pull him out now before he dies and nukes everything in the tank. If you are able to, set up a little quarantine tank and put him in there.
 
Also I see this is your first post, welcome to r2r!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tenor.gif
 
Looks like he's upside down but I see tentacles so no he's not dead yet...not until he's mush...
I couldn't tell if it was it's foot or mouth, so I flipped it. It is indeed his mouth- his foot is intact but he is pretty lifeless. Goner?

IMG_0531.jpeg
 
like jones said, if you have an option to set up a quarantine tank thats the way to go.
 
I had to flush him- no movement and bits were starting to come off of him and I didn't want to risk it. Depressed :(
Thank you for the help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new