HELP! Leather Coral Emergency!!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my first coral, a lobophytum leather, appears to be dying. It was previously thriving and even overgrowing, to the point that I had to remove it from its current location. Unfortunately, what I did clearly infected it, as it turned yellow, and is now losing tissue at an alarming rate. At first, I figured it was shedding, but something clearly isn’t right. I need advice fast, as this is a coral I don’t want to lose. Would it be wise to separate the healthy tissue, and if so, how should I do this without further infecting it? Thanks!
E242EF29-29A1-49C2-9D0C-A26673246583.jpeg
13AE3F46-C108-4070-996A-6DF7D1B03024.jpeg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it, it looks unhappy but okay. Sometimes leathers will shrink down and sort of hibernate for a few weeks. During that time, film algae can grow on it (as it is here), when it decides to wake back up, it’ll shed it skin and the algae will come off with that. I don’t see any big holes or dying/disintegrating tissue, is it just shrinking/deflating, or is legitimately losing tissue? I would test your water to rule about any water issues, but based just on the pictures it doesn’t look like it’s dying (that part of it has polyps out is a good sign).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back