HELP LRS CELEBRATE SIX YEARS AND WIN SIX MONTHS OF FOOD & $600 LFS CASH!

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His wife is the main chef and BOSS around the operation.....lol.

Love the fact he is using real fish eggs in his products. And delivers global to Asian, etc.

And the fact that he is in partnership with PE Mysis (my favorite until LFS came about) is an awesome fun fact.

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that it’s a family effort, and that their daughter recently joins the operation.

I had now idea about STP, in frozen fish at the grocery store.

I also didn’t realize that LRS, started as a service company that almost overnight became a fish food leader in the hobby.

I really wish my LFS carried LRS products!

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how they incorporate worms and probiotic bacteria into thier foods. It really helps getting fragile fish eating and healthy.

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that LRS food is made in the USA. And that all the products they use to make their foods are human quality. It’s pretty cool that they also add probiotics to their food which has been proven to survive the freezing process and actually make it into our fish!

tom39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made in the USA with fresh food grade quality ingredients and family owned. Been using it for years because my fish and corals love it. Now I have a better understanding of why they do.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize the level of care and quality that is put into their food. No wonder my fish like it so much!

Emoney33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned you deliver 7 different countries! Also found out that on February of 2013 Larry was forced to retire from the force and become a full commitment to his dream. From a brother blue congrats.

Cheyenne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned you were the first to add Probiotic Bacteria to the blend. I love your foods!! The fish go crazy for it!

mvalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned lots of interesting facts about LRS which stands for Larry Reef Service.

They are at based out of Advance North Carolina which is 85 miles from my home.

LRS food is used to feed the fish in a 16000 gallon tank at Scheels Sporting Goods.

My fish and coral love LRS Reef Frenzy! I won't feed them anything else.

Scopulum Zombie

Unconventional reefing without regret.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry was in law enforcement before starting LRS. Really liked the episode he did with Bobby Moon of Kush Corals.

julie22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the song!! I did learn that they add the PE Mysis at the packaging stage so they don’t get destroyed during the mixing.

Thanks for your service as a Police Officer (prior to getting your business going).

My fish love LRS food.

Handegard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of interesting stuff I learned, but what really jumped out at me was that you both left careers to do this.

It’s easy to see someone as a business owner, but seeing what they gave up and risked to do it is a double take. Glad it all worked out for your family!

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to freshness, cleanliness, quality of ingredients, and how my fish and corals respond there is no better blended food than LRS- ReefFrenzy blend for me in the market. In addition there other blends like the herbivore blend that my Tangs /Angels enjoy too. The ingredients freshness is maintained from source to the customer, my fish and corals.

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to have learned that LRS is a family run business and that like many of us they had many tanks in their home.

Chewdoggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually learned a lot, but I was surprised how involved Larry is...far beyond just a foodmaker, even has a podcast!? That's dedication and passion.

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS is my go to frozen food! I like how the website lists all the different ingredients that go into each product.

SeanG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learned that Fertility is the best product to use to not only to get your fish to lay eggs, but also once the Frye are big enough to eat it

pompeyjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Larry - I was one of our earliest customers! I remember chatting to you before you did the kitchen expansion. I am so glad everything is going well. All the local reefers I know are really proud of you. I learned from the above links that you guarantee shipped food will arrive 100% frozen or its free. I also know that you are pretty good at getting a sweet parking spot at MACNA :)

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned I'm not the only one crazy about Reef Frenzy!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back