HELP LRS CELEBRATE SIX YEARS AND WIN SIX MONTHS OF FOOD & $600 LFS CASH!

cardsrule1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that lrs is aiding the success of the first captive bred Rainfordia opercularis.

Darin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how this entire business was started by the necessity for better fresh food, a few friends, and a couple of LFS. To me that speaks volumes of the product that's being sold.

B's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the hands on approach you guys take. In particular, I have been extremely interested in the new fish egg product. I’ve been doing a bit of reading on how you guys harvest and preserve them. And the lab analysis you guys put out is incredible. Transparency is a rare and beautiful thing in this hobby! Much appreciated!

Justindeepbule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned about the blue tang project an that larry was a leo witch is real cool an lrs helping with captive breading programs is very cool since my hippo tang and mandarin goby came from captive breading

Justindeepbule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned about the blue tang project an that larry was a leo witch is real cool an lrs helping with captive breading programs is very cool since my hippo tang and mandarin goby came from captive breading

Justindeepbule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive learned larry was a former leo witch is cool i back the blue an i learnd that lrs helps with captive breeding witch i love since it helps the ocean an my regal tang an mandarin goby comes from captive breeding

Docpayne82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned how much they work to promote local fish stores by selling their food through them. I also learned that the probiotics have so many great benefits.

beckastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned they provide food to universities. Hopefully that will really help with learning how we can save the reefs around the world!

MJMcKenna1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have already done a ton of snooping around your sites to learn about you, I still love the fact that you are involved in projects that teach kids about this amazing hobby and all the selfless donations you make to some great organizations throughout the year. THAT is true passion for the hobby and for kids!

MJMcKenna1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have already done a ton of snooping around your sites to learn about you, I still love the fact that you are involved in projects that teach kids about this amazing hobby and all the selfless donations you make to some great organizations throughout the year. THAT is true passion for the hobby and for kids!

Michael pugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys were not only involved in the hippo tang project but also numerous other breeding projects. it's very impressive this company is trying to make this hobby sustainable and in turn helping the reefs around the world

kandymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that you were a police officer in you past life surprised me. Thank you for your public service! Also learned that your food brought about the successful breeding of Genicanthus personatus.

Awesome work!

Timothy Williamson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was really surprised that larry's used fish eggs in there food to get the picky eater to have a meal
Also that Larry's wife ran the hand peeling of the shrimp that was used in there food an that they also has like a USDA Food standard guide line that had to be followed to process fish food .but glad it is a American company an a family ran company an the food you guy produced really bring out the fullness of my corals anthe color in my fish an we all love it thank you all at LRS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT

Timothy Williamson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS GIVEAWAY4.jpg

HELP LRS CELEBRATE SIX YEARS AND WIN SIX MONTHS OF FOOD & $600 LFS CASH!

The crew at LRS Foods, LLC has been working diligently for the last six years producing premium food blends for our aquariums. This month the “Reef Frenzy®” flagship blend which launched it all turns six years old. In typical LRS fashion they want to celebrate with the Reef2Reef community by sponsoring a giveaway.

HOW TO ENTER

1. Visit the LRSFoods.com, ReefFrenzyRadio.com, their "Larry’s Reef Services Facebook" page, ReefFrenzy instagram or reeffrenzy Twitter page and do some poking around into their history.

2. Make a comment below about something you learned about LRS to be entered to win. Maybe you will learn about one of the numerous fish that have been captive bred using their foods. Did you know that Larry hasn’t actually made food for years? Do you know how many countries they export to around the globe?

There is a lot of cool history behind this family of reefers and their website and social media tell a great story!

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive ten eight ounce packs of LRS food valued at $250! In addition LRS will arrange for a gift certificate in your name at your favorite local fish shop in the amount of $600. That’s right… LRS is gonna send you on a mini-shopping spree at the LFS! Lastly, LRS will send your LFS a cooler containing 20 packs of LRS food as a way to thank them for their support if they are already a dealer, or we can introduce our foods to them with this sample pack in hopes of singing them up.

Learn about LRS, be entered to win free food and $600 cash, so what’s not to like!?

22861687_1707645455947332_7988158472906241219_o.jpg

*Open to US residents only due to shipping*

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on 06/21/18!

Thanks again to LRS Foods for this awesome contest!
8a1c94e4a90c71d79faff69377966aac.png
Was really surprised that larry's used fish eggs in there food to get the picky eater to have a meal
Also that Larry's wife ran the hand peeling of the shrimp that was used in there food an that they also has like a USDA Food standard guide line that had to be followed to process fish food .but glad it is a American company an a family ran company an the food you guy produced really bring out the fullness of my corals anthe color in my fish an we all love it thank you all at LRS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT

Kali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize just how many breeders used their food.
I also had forgotten they had a herbivore and fish frenzy blend. My LFS usually only has reef frenzy and chunky available (left?) when I shop.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that the lrs food is perfect for my system.will be picking some up this weekend

Buck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know they had that many different types of food.

Jru5002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only did I learn that Fertility Frenzy was used to condition the broodstock in the first successful captive breeding of the blue tang, but I wasn't even aware that blue tangs have been successfully bred in captivity!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that it all started in North Carolina. I have family in Asheville. I'll have to try and come find you all for a tour next time I visit. :)

I've known Larry for many years. In and out of the hobby.

He's always thrown his heart and soul into the hobby while holding down a selfless rewarding career. He started making food for our fishes, sending samples to some of us, and his full-time obsession became a wonderful healthy career feeding only the best food for our water pets.

LRS is fantastic and I'm proud to see my friend do so well and help so many. Congrats on 6 years and many more to come.

Moose_1984

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned more detail about what we all knew: Larry made LRS because he was a hobbyist looking for a better option. That's ALL of us, and that's why this family and company are so successful--they are their customers. And like many of us dream, the hobby became something far greater.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back