Help me choose a controller

greydmv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done the same research, and for the money you cant beat the Reef Angel. The support and the ability to customize your controller cannot be matched in the same price point.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My .02, I hope you are happy with your new RKL. Decide well what you want to add as you can only add three modules. And if you do decide that you want to control your Radion or Vortecs you will be buying a new controller. I am evaluating my options now as I am an RKE owner heavily invested in modules and I love being able to control things from the web or my iPhone, but I am sorely missing control of my Ecotech equipment from them. Best I can do is turn it off.

greydmv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyber- Reef Angel has an RF module you can purchase to interface with your wireless Ecotech equipment. I am not sure what programming options currently exist, however it may be with it for you to take a look into.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm..ecotech comes with their own controls..nothing missing from my standpoint.
Andy, I've stated my case on DAs forum, I'm not going to bring that here. I was just letting the op know DAs clearly stated position of not supporting it if they wanted to have that option.

Cyber- Reef Angel has an RF module you can purchase to interface with your wireless Ecotech equipment. I am not sure what programming options currently exist, however it may be with it for you to take a look into.
Thank you Grey, that is one of the other options that is available and I believe a good one.

Ace25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, with the Reef Angel RF controller you can make Ecotech products (power heads and lighting) do more things than even Ecotech allows. I can create custom flow patterns with my MP40 with the Reef Angel RF module, I can't find any other product/controller that allows me to do that. Neptune has their RF module addon (WXM) but it only allows you to change between the built in Ecotech settings, it doesn't allow for custom flow patterns from what I read on their website.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the apex light, it works great and will do everything you want it to

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back