help me choose led

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment Review: LED Lighting Tests: Ecotech Radion Pro, Aqua Illumination Hydra, GHL Mitras 6100HV and 6200HV ? Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

I am reading this article, and I have read pretty much through the entire reef radiance thread. I am tore between radion, hydra, hydra 52, or the reef radiance. Whatever I choose will be controlled by a apex. These are going over a 5' 120 that is 24" deep. It will have lps, but may get some sps in time.

I know there are more choices out there then these, but I pretty much have narrowed my choice down to one of these three. I am looking more for performance then cheapest lights I can get.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget was where I landed with the reef radiance. It works great. Not sure if I'll have as much success as if I spent 1500 on radion's but it's what I could afford.

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah its all about budget, if you can afford the fancy stuff, get it. always research what they all do, and ask yourself what you want out of the lighting, what do you plan on keeping in the tank

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 hydras and am very happy.

I think the director is a better controller than the apex for it but that is imo

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it isn't about spending the money or saying I can or should or would. It is getting the best light for the money.

Now with the specials reef radiance is running right now, I am really leaning towards them. I contacted Rick and he suggested the evergrow it2040 for my needs.

trueblackpercula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own the mitras and it is worth every penny, If you can afford it or save up for it you will not be disapointed at all. remeber the cost of the light fixture is really a fraction of the cost of the corals and fish you will be keeping so why not invest in ther best.

Michael

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 145 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back