Help Me Create a Fish List, Tangs

Tanker Bob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a newbie as well and have graduated from a 55 to a 225g (72"x27"x27") in order to get Tangs. Was doing well moving the fish from the 55 to 225. Then, when I thought it was safe, ordered a group of tangs but learned the hard way of QT. One or more of my new tangs brought in the velvet and got them all (and clowns, Royal Gramma) except the Blue Hippo (looked like Ich) who survived the treatment. Fast forward about a year and now ready to go again. Am now only buying QT fish as I don't really have the space or experience to do QT well. I know they cost more but I feel it is worth it. Have done more research since and want to be smart about it. I understand about adding all together when possible. Makes sense. I have a mixed reef and lots of caves and places to hide. What I am looking at is the following and would appreciate feedback (I know there are 3 Zebrasomas but I see tanks on the net with those together):

Blue Hippo Tang (already in place)
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang x3
Desjardini Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
Midas Blenny
Royal Gramma

And also already have:
Clowns x4
Zebra Dart x3
Yellow Headed Goby
Purple Fire Fish x2, now (in witness protection from Goby)
Red Fire Fish x4 (survived the pandemic but 1 didn't survive the Goby)
Coral Beauty (survived the pandemic)

OP
OP
Max93

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a newbie as well and have graduated from a 55 to a 225g (72"x27"x27") in order to get Tangs. Was doing well moving the fish from the 55 to 225. Then, when I thought it was safe, ordered a group of tangs but learned the hard way of QT. One or more of my new tangs brought in the velvet and got them all (and clowns, Royal Gramma) except the Blue Hippo (looked like Ich) who survived the treatment. Fast forward about a year and now ready to go again. Am now only buying QT fish as I don't really have the space or experience to do QT well. I know they cost more but I feel it is worth it. Have done more research since and want to be smart about it. I understand about adding all together when possible. Makes sense. I have a mixed reef and lots of caves and places to hide. What I am looking at is the following and would appreciate feedback (I know there are 3 Zebrasomas but I see tanks on the net with those together):

Blue Hippo Tang (already in place)
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang x3
Desjardini Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
Midas Blenny
Royal Gramma

And also already have:
Clowns x4
Zebra Dart x3
Yellow Headed Goby
Purple Fire Fish x2, now (in witness protection from Goby)
Red Fire Fish x4 (survived the pandemic but 1 didn't survive the Goby)
Coral Beauty (survived the pandemic)
It is definitely worth it to buy QT only fish. Don’t even do it yourself - way too many little errors you can make and then you’ll be in my current situation (check out my ich thread)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back