Help me decide on a camera! (canon)

Zoalover34

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
Location
Brimfield, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a hard time deciding between these 2 cameras.. My bday is next month and im going to get 1.. Just not sure.. Here's links of both of them..

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=17630

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=15207

I really don't have much experience with cameras but im willing to sit down and learn! I don't wanna get a used 1 b/c I want something that I know won't die within a few months!
 
Either one of those are good, but a DSLR is much better. Do you have a budget figure in mind?
 
I have the S5 and love it. While not a DSLR it was much cheaper, got mine for $299 at Best Buy last year.

Here are a couple pics I took with my S5.

IMG_1517Small.jpg

IMG_1714Large.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817Small.jpg
 
Last edited:
I would also prefer a DSLR
I went from a Canon S3 IS to a EOS 50D

The 50D is a good beginner and expert camera, though a rebel or a 40D will work fine.
(I just like newer stuff)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new