Help me get this plumbing right the first time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rawsreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rawsreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
563
Reaction score
275
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Bought this system used and here’s where I’m at with the plumbing. First time setting in up a system and I want to make sure it’s done right

Any tips would be very much appreciated!

I plan on going up to a T off the return pump into 2 lines each one going back to its overflow.

The sump is drilled on the return side but I don’t think I am going to use that. Unless it would be best to. then I would have to redo everything and I probably wouldn’t be able to use the filter socks


also I plan on using cement on all return lines and no cement on the drains



image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Here’s what I ended up with. Plan on fastening some of the piping wherever I can after I test for leaks. Fingers crossed
 

Attachments

  • 15730414-7476-4DC5-A9A2-BC2FD2DFD2F6.jpeg
    15730414-7476-4DC5-A9A2-BC2FD2DFD2F6.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 40

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new