Help me pick my next fish!

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65 gallon mixed reef. Currently have a standard ocelaris clown, Royal Gramma, and a pink streaked pygmy wrasse.

Plan to get an ornate leopard wrasse and a small, juvenile white tailed birstletooth tang (with the intention of rehoming to a larger tank when it gets bigger).

Id like to add one more fish. Something that will spend some time actively out and about like the gramma and clown do. But also should be peaceful so as not to cause issues with the wrasses.

What would you suggest?

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold or blue assessor, Swiss guard. I've been fond of these 3 lately. And for what its worth i think your fine keeping the tang permanently, kole,white tail, and tomini all do well in smaller systems as long as they have alot of live rock to graze on. They are more grazers than a.d.d. swimmers like other tangs.

OP
OP
beesnreefs

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold or blue assessor, Swiss guard. I've been fond of these 3 lately. And for what its worth i think your fine keeping the tang permanently, kole,white tail, and tomini all do well in smaller systems as long as they have alot of live rock to graze on. They are more grazers than a.d.d. swimmers like other tangs.
The gold assessor is gorgeous! Will it be OK with the royal gramma?

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think so, but I'm just getting back into the hobby after 12 years and would look from that answer elsewhere sorry.

Reeferman47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a black leopard wrasse in my reef tank and they look a lot like marine bettas. They have done a good job doing the sand in my reef and they are good eaters. I would recommend this because they get along with most fish but they can snack on your clean up crew like crabs, snails, etc.

Back