help me pick some fish....

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to set up a new tank, 30 gallon with a 10 gallon sump. I'm using a rock i already have with a TON of mushroom corals covering it and probably some more rocks...definitely more rock. Anyway, i have one clown and one mandarin plus 2 other mushroom corals, a green hammer, & a daisy coral. I want another fish to join the party can you please give me suggestions?? I plan in the future to get more corals and i think I'm gonna have a sandy bottom.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to set up a new tank, 30 gallon with a 10 gallon sump. I'm using a rock i already have with a TON of mushroom corals covering it and probably some more rocks...definitely more rock. Anyway, i have one clown and one mandarin plus 2 other mushroom corals, a green hammer, & a daisy coral. I want another fish to join the party can you please give me suggestions?? I plan in the future to get more corals and i think I'm gonna have a sandy bottom.

If you don’t plan on stocking it too heavy, a mccoskers flasher wrasse would be a great addition. They’re a beautiful fish and are very peaceful to tank mates. I’m not sure how heavy they are with pod consumption though which is something to keep in mind with your mandarin.

I have one in qt right now, him and the tailspot are buddies.
07AB6F24-1504-4548-AD32-26EEC65A796E.jpeg

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here are some choices...
- Royal Gramma (colorful)
- Diamond goby (cleans sand)
- Firefish (a jumper)
- Clown goby (they nip sps corals)
- Bangaii cardinal (looks nice)
- Another clownfish (to pair up)
- Blue spotted jawfish (beautiful but expensive)
- Lawnmower Blenny (cleans algae)
- Skunk cleaner shrimp/ Fire shrimp

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t plan on stocking it too heavy, a mccoskers flasher wrasse would be a great addition. They’re a beautiful fish and are very peaceful to tank mates. I’m not sure how heavy they are with pod consumption though which is something to keep in mind with your mandarin.

I have one in qt right now, him and the tailspot are buddies.
07AB6F24-1504-4548-AD32-26EEC65A796E.jpeg
OMG so beautiful

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh!
Here are some choices...
- Royal Gramma (colorful)
- Diamond goby (cleans sand)
- Firefish (a jumper)
- Clown goby (they nip sps corals)
- Bangaii cardinal (looks nice)
- Another clownfish (to pair up)
- Blue spotted jawfish (beautiful but expensive)
- Lawnmower Blenny (cleans algae)
- Skunk cleaner shrimp/ Fire shrimp
OOH OOH why didn't i think of bangaii cardinals! I love them. Diamond goby seems good too. I've been eyeing a bicolor blenny...

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would either pair up the clown or go royal gramma / bangai. I just got 2 bangai and they're so awesome to watch and quite the addition in beauty . Only negative is they don't live very long .

Reefer Reborn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish
Royal gramma
Lawnmower blenny
Watchman goby / pistol shrimp
Clown goby
Pj cardinal
Mollie
Mccoskers flasher wrasse (more difficult)
azure damsel (aggressive side)

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love tailspots. This would be a great choice for current fish in OPs tank, too. Wouldn't compete with the Mandarin and ads unique personality.

+1 on this. My tailspot is so cute, he cleans moderately well and adds both utility and personality to the tank.

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my lfs today. Looked around for a flasher wrasse and saw the scooter blenny i want, too. AND i forgot i wanted 2 cardinals lol but they had like 1 or 2 that looked black. Kind of like a dusty black covering the silver but you could still see the silver. I don't know....they were gorgeous though.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my lfs today. Looked around for a flasher wrasse and saw the scooter blenny i want, too. AND i forgot i wanted 2 cardinals lol but they had like 1 or 2 that looked black. Kind of like a dusty black covering the silver but you could still see the silver. I don't know....they were gorgeous though.

Not sure what it is but everyone seems to be out of mccoskers at the moment.

Back