Help me set up my Kessil A160 & Zoa tank!

abzhama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I recently got a Kessil a160 for my 18 inch cube (90 litre) Zoa dominated tank, my question to you guys is

1. I have my zoa rack about half way through the tank and the Kessil About 5-6 inches from the water, what light settings/schedule can someone recommend? Currently have them set to 60% blues for 8 hours

2. Also apart from the slightly dirty water, good nutritients, any other tips or tricks to get my zoa’s thriving?

Thank you in advance

happy reefing guys!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the zoas open and happy? Or do they look like they're stretching for more light?

OP
OP
A

abzhama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look pretty happy and they are fully open, but when I did get them they were more extended.. now they’re stem has become smaller, I’m guessing that’s from to much light?

plexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most zoas don't like to much white light ,try more blue and less white. My zoas do best at 10% white 90% blues .

MaineReefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look pretty happy and they are fully open, but when I did get them they were more extended.. now they’re stem has become smaller, I’m guessing that’s from to much light?
Pictures would help. Sounds like they may be happier now in your tank then when you got them. Sounds like they may have been stretching for more light when you first got them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back