OP
OP
L

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so here's something interesting. For the last few days I have been feeding some pellets in the morning and frozen at night. I grab a small pinch of pellets, hold them under the water and let the powerheads blow them around and the fish eat them.

Since that is the only change recently, it would seem they make my skimmer go nuts! Like overflowing over the sides of the sump nuts. Even when set to the lowest it will go, it's still overflowing the skimmer cup within seconds.

Looking back, whenever I would go on vacation this summer I setup an auto feeder to go off once a day and every time I came back the skimmer had overflowed a crazy amount. It was weird, but I assumed it was just from me being away for a week and it overflowed. Seems like it may be the pellets?

I had to turn the skimmer off for the night, but it eventually has calmed down some. All corals are looking pretty rough today. I can see some tissue loss on 2 of the remaining SPS frags....

OP
OP
L

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a par meter today, but it was already loaned out. They also didn't have a microscope to get a positive ID on the algae.

I asked the guy about what he thinks it could be and he had no idea as well. His only suggestion he could give was restarting...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back