Help my SPS are losing color

MontiManiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acros and montis have started losing color fast like they bleaching or something.

Water params are:
Ph 8
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Kh 10
Ca 380
Phosphates 0

I've been running GFO for a while and thought maybe that was part of the problem so removed it this week but their still fading. I haven't change the lighting. 4 bulb T5 with 3 month old bulbs plus a 60 watt EVO led fixture.

They all still have great PE but are losing color. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fading or bleaching - and any pattern to it - like from base up, tips down, entire coral etc? How old is the tank and the corals? What is your salinity level, temp, magnesium? Have you examined for any pests? Do you have any fish in the tank? Did you start the gfo slowly or was there an initial big phosphate drop? Pictures?

I think that you will get a lot of great advice here but more details would be helpful!! So many possibilities that the more you can tell about the tank and its management the better!!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of products out there that are good food for sps. Currently I am using brightwells products. Go get a turkey baster from the grocery store. Get a small bowl and and mix the food with a little tank water and feed away.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oyster Feast, Zooplankton, Reef Chili, Reef Roids, Golden Pearl, Coral Frenzy there are a bunch of other ones I'm missing but here's some for an idea.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fading or bleaching - and any pattern to it - like from base up, tips down, entire coral etc? How old is the tank and the corals? What is your salinity level, temp, magnesium? Have you examined for any pests? Do you have any fish in the tank? Did you start the gfo slowly or was there an initial big phosphate drop? Pictures?

I think that you will get a lot of great advice here but more details would be helpful!! So many possibilities that the more you can tell about the tank and its management the better!!
What he said....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back