HELP NEW CORALS NOT OPENING

ainsley985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I got a hammer and green star polyp a week ago and they haven’t opened all parameters are fine I have a ai prime16hd I have another coral that’s fine and fish are fine I don’t understand and now there turning white I have read everything I don’t know what to do please help

OP
OP
A

ainsley985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I got a hammer and green star polyp a week ago and they haven’t opened all parameters are fine I have a ai prime16hd I have another coral that’s fine and fish are fine I don’t understand and now there turning white I have read everything I don’t know what to do please help

Yes dead or dying and you have maybe cyano on your sand so your parameters are not fine.
Ok so how do I get rid of it and make parameters better it just dosent make sense cause other stuff in the tank are fine

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please list the parameters . Alk , cal, mag , phosphates, nitrates , ammonia , temp, salinity, etc. what salt you are using , are you using Rodi Water for our makeup water , and how long has the tank been set up ? What do you have for flow , what type of filtration etc.

dannyd_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please list the parameters . Alk , cal, mag , phosphates, nitrates , ammonia , temp, salinity, etc. what salt you are using , are you using Rodi Water for our makeup water , and how long has the tank been set up ? What do you have for flow , what type of filtration etc.
^^

OP
OP
A

ainsley985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates and ammonia are good temp is 81f salinity is 34ppt for salt I use instant ocean mixed it’s been running 9 months and I use rodi water I have a sump external filter that I clean monthly

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates and ammonia are good temp is 81f salinity is 34ppt for salt I use instant ocean mixed it’s been running 9 months and I use rodi water I have a sump external filter that I clean monthly
Why are you still testing ammonia?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh that's only 2 things. We need complete numbers. Why run 81f ? That's high.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your not listing the readings . Telling me that they are ok is not informative enough to help you. 81 temp is too high . 78 would be better . But still would like to know the other parameters .

OP
OP
A

ainsley985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your not listing the readings . Telling me that they are ok is not informative enough to help you. 81 temp is too high . 78 would be better . But still would like to know the other parameters .
Nitrate and ammonia is 0ppm phosphate is 0.5ppm

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates should be between 10-15 ppm , you should never allow nitrates to zero out same with phosphates . So based on what you’ve described so far your issue with nitrates and temperature are within improper ranges which can harm your coral . . The zeroing of you nitrates could explain what looks like cyano bacteria . Check your alk ,cal,and mag but you need to raise your nitrates ASAP and lower your temp

OP
OP
A

ainsley985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates should be between 10-15 ppm , you should never allow nitrates to zero out same with phosphates . So based on what you’ve described so far your issue with nitrates and temperature are within improper ranges which can harm your coral . . The zeroing of you nitrates could explain what looks like cyano bacteria . Check your alk ,cal,and mag but you need to raise your nitrates ASAP and lower your temp
How do I raise nitrates?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back