HELP! New Fish Upside Down

Grant_J

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
49
Location
La Vergne
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, sorry for the emergency post. I just received a delivery of several fish and added to quarantine. One of the yellowtail blue damsels is swimming around upside down, trying to right itself, then flipping back over. Can they swallow air? Is there anything I can do? The poor thing keeps getting stuck in the elbows and I'm worried he/she won't make it through the day.
 
Hi all, sorry for the emergency post. I just received a delivery of several fish and added to quarantine. One of the yellowtail blue damsels is swimming around upside down, trying to right itself, then flipping back over. Can they swallow air? Is there anything I can do? The poor thing keeps getting stuck in the elbows and I'm worried he/she won't make it through the day.

Nevermind. He didn't even last 4 hours. Poor little guy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new