Help overdose no pox

twiggy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can anyone help please I accidentally put to much nopox in the tank now this morning all the corals aren't opening fully and one of the fish doesn't look good will this be because of the no pox I've done a water change and added more air into the tank is there anything else I can do plesss ammonia .0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10pm Sal 1.024 alk 9'8 cal 400 mag 1275 point of sale 0.11 thanks

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Air stone, skim wet. That’s what I can think of off the top of my head this early.

If it’s a bacteria bloom I don’t think a water change will help.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say overdose how much were you supposed to add and how much did you add ?

And what size is the tank

OP
OP
T

twiggy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150lites not sure how much I added as I was putting in the measuring cup stupidly over the tank and the dog nudged me as I was pouring it in the dog is 40kg so not a small nudge was only going to add a 2 ml the water is still clear if I'm reading things right on other pages the water isn't cloudy so does that mean not a bacteria bloom.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150lites not sure how much I added as I was putting in the measuring cup stupidly over the tank and the dog nudged me as I was pouring it in the dog is 40kg so not a small nudge was only going to add a 2 ml the water is still clear if I'm reading things right on other pages the water isn't cloudy so does that mean not a bacteria bloom.
It will probably be fine unless you dumped the whole bottle in

If your only talking a few extra ml’s just keep an eye on it and watch for any bacterial blooms which could deplete the oxygen levels.

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water is still clear if I'm reading things right on other pages the water isn't cloudy so does that mean not a bacteria bloom.
If this overdose just happened, the bacteria bloom is not instant. Might be a few hrs or tomorrow.

OP
OP
T

twiggy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks Just with the fish not looking happy and corals I've added more air hoping it will help

OP
OP
T

twiggy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate was around 40ppm the phosphate was 0.11 before I overdosed I didn't check that today just all the others after the corals weren't opening tested all haven't done phosphate test yet

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have done this myself. If severe overdose will likely get a clear gel substance on glass etc. Will dissipate gradually. Water change helped but took a few days to completely disappear. While fauna obviously wasn't pleased I didn't end up losing anything.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No carbon - But do a water change. Similar to vodka and sugar dosing, going over the dose can have adverse effect on Livestock mainly inverts.

OP
OP
T

twiggy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks hoping they will all pull through but it has annoyed everything Zoas frogspawn gsp nothing has opened like normal

OP
OP
T

twiggy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all your help the fish all made it through they are all happy again and corals seem to be opening back up slowly just hope the continue and get back to how they were thansk all

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back