Help Pick a Setup

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all now into week 4 of my journey to rejoin the reefing community. Ive been looking for a used setup and trying to stay within my budget. Ive missed out on a couple deals I wasnt fast enough for and a couple the sellers changed their mind (agreed on $500 for a setup and then decided he wanted $800 instead) anyways I have two similar setups that are about the same price (option 2 is $50 less) and would love input.

Option 1: Red Sea Nano 20 gallon. Comes with the factory stand and all the factory accessories (pump, heater, skimmer, ato) and the AI Nano HD

Option 2: Nuvo 20 with the aluminum Nuvo stand. Comes with sicce pump, random flow generators, eshopps nano skimmer, heater, screen lid and a light Ive never heard of a Micmol 60 watt LED.

Both are about a year old and still up and running. For the same price which would you pick? I will add option one is about a 5 hour round trip, option 2 is about 20 minutes.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol
I'm a Red Sea guy, and they have great customer support.

1-Vote... for option - 1

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both would be great set ups though I would want to inspect the red sea stand first before making a purchase. I sold a nuvo 20 with all of those accessories about 6 months ago.... are you per chance located in Ohio? If so, I met the guy who has that nuvo and he's a good dude.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of all the Red Sea tanks apart from the nano max, I don’t like the flip up lid at the back, it’s just so noticeable, but the light that comes with that tank could make up for it.

I’ve never seen the Nuvo stand in person, but if I were to like the stand, then I personally would go for the Nuvo, if needs be I would upgrade the light as I think the tank looks better and has better dimensions, I feel you can do more with a longer tank, scape wise and I also think the fish would benefit more with a longer tank than more height.

all that being said, you should go for the one that you prefer the look off, both are great tanks and it’s really important when spending your hard earned money to get something you want not something you feel you should buy because it seems a better deal.

Last edited:

Boxfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea. Build quality is better and no filter socks to clean.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back