Help please! is this the silicone failing?

abukair

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fellow Reefers!

I urgently need to know if a disaster is waiting to happen.

I purchased this max nano xl g2 about a month and a half ago. Since then, I have unfortunately been hearing a lot of scary feedback about its tendency to crack and ruin people's living rooms.

I noticed this dark area this morning and am concerned. Should I immediately drain the tank and ask for a replacement? Is there a solution to this? Or is there nothing to worry about here?

I am new to the hobby and any help would be much appreciated!

Ayman

20260317_061136.jpg
 
Photos under white lights?
 
Yea a different photo would help. In the blue light the dark shadow looks like it is from the sand itself. It follows the profile of the top of the sand.
 
In my experience, what you are worried about is extremely rare. So don’t go into freak out mode yet. Look for salt creep or if it’s seemingly happened fast, put down a paper towel to diagnose the rate and the spot, you have some time, but contingencies are inportant
 
I think you have some anaerobic bacteria between that glass. The seems on the glass all look perfect
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new