help please

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a rubbermaid stock tank 100 gallon and I tried to replace the bulkhead after nothing it kept leaking. So in theory I figured I would put a 1 1/2 on there and just sand the hole out slightly, well there is a inside lip that I did not notice so when I go to screw the bulk head down it won't fit, what I should of done is just use a 1 inch or 1 1/4 but too late now, essentially the hole is to big now... any suggestions?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree pics, I'm wondering if you can use something like rubber washers to help level it out enough to get a good seal.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never be able to 'level' it with washers. It will always leak.
I agree, pics are in order. You 'may' be able to use an o-ring instead of a washer/rubber seal if you have enough flat area around the hole AND the o-ring won't fall into the hole as you tighten it. A little bit of lube might help with that. Something like vacuum grease.. Made with a silicon I think, would have to look that up.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never be able to 'level' it with washers. It will always leak.
I agree, pics are in order. You 'may' be able to use an o-ring instead of a washer/rubber seal if you have enough flat area around the hole AND the o-ring won't fall into the hole as you tighten it. A little bit of lube might help with that. Something like vacuum grease.. Made with a silicon I think, would have to look that up.

O ring is what I actually meant, typing before finishing my coffee...either way the rubber may compress and level if it's not too big of a lip

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the lips proximinity to the hole you might be able to cut a bit off the washer and bulkhead so they clear the lip.

OP
OP
slayerhellfire

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going a different route I got this custom acrylic sump from a local guy for 50 bucks well worth it and it's actually alot better than the rubber maid 73 gallons, thanks everyone

20190122_141138.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back