Help pricing

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get rid of a set up I have in my kid room. She no longer wants the tank in her room and have no need for it. I don’t know what to do with the pair of mocha clownfish in the tank either since my tank already has a pair of clownfishes. It’s a fluval evo 13.5 with a sicce 1.0 return pump, an intank chamber 1 caddy, an ai prime 16hd with a hard mount and a Nero 3. I have fresh caribsea dry rock I can add on too. There’s a rock in there I can add that has a few polyps of wwc detonators zoas, few of gobstopper zoas from tsa, and a few of bozo birthday zoa from wwc. I can add those zoas too.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I want to get rid of a set up I have in my kid room. She no longer wants the tank in her room and have no need for it. I don’t know what to do with the pair of mocha clownfish in the tank either since my tank already has a pair of clownfishes. It’s a fluval evo 13.5 with a sicce 1.0 return pump, an intank chamber 1 caddy, an ai prime 16hd with a hard mount and a Nero 3. I have fresh caribsea dry rock I can add on too. There’s a rock in there I can add that has a few polyps of wwc detonators zoas, few of gobstopper zoas from tsa, and a few of bozo birthday zoa from wwc. I can add those zoas too.
Generally 50% is a general consensus for secondary market but you best determine what monetary amount would make you feel you had a decent recovery

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost exactly the same as the nano setup I have in my office.

Depending on the age of the kid, I'd be tempted to set a minimum and tell them to ebay it and they can keep anything over the minimum.

That should maximise the return and provide a good business experience :)

OP
OP
xrxzcx

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally 50% is a general consensus for secondary market but you best determine what monetary amount would make you feel you had a decent recovery
What would be a good price for everything? I was thinking 400$ ish with the fishes. I noticed I can fetch near 300$ alone if I part the light and flow separately.

OP
OP
xrxzcx

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost exactly the same as the nano setup I have in my office.

Depending on the age of the kid, I'd be tempted to set a minimum and tell them to ebay it and they can keep anything over the minimum.

That should maximise the return and provide a good business experience :)
So you recommend selling everything on eBay?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What would be a good price for everything? I was thinking 400$ ish with the fishes. I noticed I can fetch near 300$ alone if I part the light and flow separately.
Sounds like a good starting point. Worse case- you get an offer.
Ebay would be the least successful as you would have to get a local bidder or prepare to ship. Craiglist, facebook group or local reef clubs would be best bet.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back