Help Propagating Fiji Yellow Leather

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fiji yellow leather coming in next week, and I would eventually like to try and propagate it. I have head they are hard to propagate but was wondering if anyone had any experience (good or bad) fragging them.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fiji yellow leather coming in next week, and I would eventually like to try and propagate it. I have head they are hard to propagate but was wondering if anyone had any experience (good or bad) fragging them.

When you’re ready to frag it..
Remove from tank and put it in a separate container with tank water. Take it out, use a razor blade to cut it into pieces how you want. Dip in a mild iodine solution as a disinfectant, rinse well in the container of tank water and return to tank. Either put it in a very low flow area or tie it to a rock with a rubber band or some thread until it attaches on its own.

OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you’re ready to frag it..
Remove from tank and put it in a separate container with tank water. Take it out, use a razor blade to cut it into pieces how you want. Dip in a mild iodine solution as a disinfectant, rinse well in the container of tank water and return to tank. Either put it in a very low flow area or tie it to a rock with a rubber band or some thread until it attaches on its own.

Minus the iodine, that is how I frag all of my leathers. I have read these leathers, in particular, have issues with recovering from fragging. Is iodine the only extra step that should be taken?

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minus the iodine, that is how I frag all of my leathers. I have read these leathers, in particular, have issues with recovering from fragging. Is iodine the only extra step that should be taken?

Personally I do a little iodine dip on everything I frag. I think as long as you have single, clean cuts, you should be just fine. Leathers are pretty tough!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back