HELP QUICK!

reefingBeAmazin22

View Badges
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

My ammonia and nitrites are 0, and my nitrates a below 5 ppm, idk, does my zoa have a disease? It looks like another one is starting to grow out, I take a pic of my nem bc I want to know if he looks healthy bc I made the mistake of buying a nem only a 6 weeks into the tank, his tentacles are short bc some Pep shrimp are terrible, im very concerned

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Okay don’t freak, how long has it been closed? Looks like theres quite a bit of algae on your plug 1:2 or 1:1 ratio of hydrogen peroxide to tank water dip should kill the algae and your zoa should open up in a day or two after you dip
Or the safer alternative urchin or snail

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
R

reefingBeAmazin22

View Badges
Reaction score
Okay don’t freak, how long has it been closed? Looks like theres quite a bit of algae on your plug 1:2 or 1:1 ratio of hydrogen peroxide to tank water dip should kill the algae and your zoa should open up in a day or two after you dip
It’s been close for 2 days, um I’m not familiar with doing a hydrogen peroxide dip though

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
The fact that you have a peppermint shrimp eating the tentacles of a anemone you added 6 weeks after your tank started is definitely a massive concern. If your peppermint is eating your anemone there’s nothing stopping it from eating your zoas. A lack of stability from the new tank and the peppermint are probably the main reasons. What lights do you have? Can you give us anymore info on your parameters?

OP
R

reefingBeAmazin22

View Badges
Reaction score
The fact that you have a peppermint shrimp eating the tentacles of a anemone you added 6 weeks after your tank started is definitely a massive concern. If your peppermint is eating your anemone there’s nothing stopping it from eating your zoas. A lack of stability from the new tank and the peppermint are probably the main reasons. What lights do you have? Can you give us anymore info on your parameters?
Don’t worry, I moved my pep shrimp to my qt tank, my alk is a bit high rn bc I started using well water but am now slowly switching to RODI, it was 16, idk what it’s rn tho

How's your tank currently looking?

• Never better

Votes: 92 13.2%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 309 44.3%
  • Just OK

Votes: 164 23.5%
  • Not great

Votes: 70 10.0%
  • Prett Bad

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Yuck