help reducing size of pic so I can post :)

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It goes without saying I am not good with photo processing. Anybody have any advice for dropping size from 6mb to a lower res so I can post on here? I don't have photoshop. I have microsoft paint :nerd:. Is it even possible with paint? I could reduce pixels but all that did was crop the pic in some useless way?

I have coconut eating angels and a clam farm in the Cook islands to post!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're uploading the pics to a photo hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket, you have the option to resize on there. I'm not sure about Flickr, but with Photobucket, you can downsize them as you upload if you're using the "bulk uploader" tool.

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ways I believe that you can compress the image with microsoft, but the easiest way I have found is actually just uploading my photos to photobucket and than posting the image link in the thread.

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a free photo editing program called irfanview. It is easy to use and you can resize with it. Just resize your image to 640x480 pixels.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photobucket is my weapon of choice for posting pictures. You can copy the image code and just paste it into your posts. Very easy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picasa is even easier. You don't have to waste time naming pictures, provide extra information, etc, like other websites. You just dump them onto your computer, open picasa, then "upload to web" and follow the same process as any other hosting site.

OP
OP
Tabasco1

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does picasa load pictures the same way photobucket does? I use tapatalk alot, and photobucket loads differently than photos directly put on the site. Honestly if a pic is posted through photobucket I rarely click the link to open it when I am on tapatalk. The other photos are super easy. When you open one they all open and you can just flip through them. It is genius. ;)

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about other people, but when I am using tapatalk pictures show the same as if I was using my computer to view the forum, that is as long as tapatalk is working properly and not giving me fits.

OP
OP
Tabasco1

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? For me, if I click on a picture that has been loaded by flickr it closet tapatalk and opens flickr. .... fits aside ;)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back