Help! Return pump suggestions?

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I just broke my pump, luckily I am still in build up mode and it is the perfect time for this thing to break.

I have a 60g tank, 10g sump under the tank in the tank stand. 5ft vertical 3/4 inch piping to fill the the DT. I am also running a split to a UV that just drops the water back into the sump.

Any suggestions? also this tank is in the bedroom, quite is key.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I just broke my pump, luckily I am still in build up mode and it is the perfect time for this thing to break.

I have a 60g tank, 10g sump under the tank in the tank stand. 5ft vertical 3/4 inch piping to fill the the DT. I am also running a split to a UV that just drops the water back into the sump.

Any suggestions? also this tank is in the bedroom, quite is key.

Thanks!!!!!!!
$140 on amazon, 1050 gph

2 years and going.
Make sure you get a dc (quiet), adjustable speed pump

OP
OP
Brady4000

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brady4000

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sicce and that’s been great especially since it has that self cleaning part

Thanks for the reply!

Any particular model?. I am leaning towards the Current USA eFlux DC due to the controllability that “Pistondog” pointed out. But would love to compare, going to be sitting in the tank for years to come hopefully, so I do not mind shopping around. Also how quite is it, which is most important?

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the reply!

Any particular model?. I am leaning towards the Current USA eFlux DC due to the controllability that “Pistondog” pointed out. But would love to compare, going to be sitting in the tank for years to come hopefully, so I do not mind shopping around. Also how quite is it, which is most important?
I got the Sicce Syncra ADV Advanced 9.0 Aquarium Pump 2500 GPH it’s super quite and app controlled and even see tanks temp so if I’m away I can check up on my tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back