help selecting a UPS. Ecotech alternative?

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my small town we see frequent "brown outs" in the summer months. these can last from a few seconds to a few hours, but mostly 30 minutes or less. not really a problem with my AIO tank, but since i have a new Red Sea Reefer 350 being delivered this week, its quickly becoming a concern.

basically, i just want to avoid a flood. i dont need to worry about heaters, protein skimmer, UV, lighting, wavemakers, or refugium lamp running during said outages. the only thing that needs to maintain power is a Current USA eFlux DC 6010 1,900GHP return pump, which will most likely never run more than 50%, through the Vivid Creative Dual RFG nozzles(recommended 670GPH).

if i had it all to do over again i would have started with Ecotech stuff(to take advantage of their UPS), but i got a KILLER deal on the Current USA stuff, and would like to try it before giving up completely and starting over. i got THREE of the Orbit Pro 48" LED light bars, 2x light bar brackets, 3x 1050gph wave pumps, 1,900gph return pump, plus all the LOOP controller/manifold/etc stuff for about $450 all in. $75 for a Kessil H80 Tuna Flora refugium light with gooseneck, $50 for a yardsale Reef Octopus 202S(plus $25 for a new silencer) and 2x Finnex 300w heaters for $100 Black friday and i have $700 in all my electrical stuff without UV or UPS. still shopping for those, and this is where im starting :)

OP
OP
cmross13

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh. so i can just toss an Optima battery in there with a battery tender? wouldn't the return pump running 24/7 drain the battery faster than the tender would charge it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back