Help Stocking a 75(ish)

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to reefing and I'm working on putting together a stock list for a Reefer 350. Its dimensions are 47"x21"x20". This is a new tank with (I think) a moderate amount of rock and a 0.5-1" sand bed. I hope to start adding LPS corals at some point over the next 6 months.

I'd like some utilitarian fish for algae, but I don't want to re-home if I can avoid it. Larger fish on the list are a one-spot foxface or a bristletooth tang. Do I need to choose between these two or will both work in the tank?

One spot foxface
White tail or square tail tang
Coral beauty
Red or purple firefish <-Evidently they are easily spooked and hide. This tank is in a moderately trafficked area. I don't want to never see it.
Royal gramma
Melanurus wrasse <---Sand bed too shallow?
Algae, Bicolor or other blenny
Watchman, neon, or pink stripe goby
2 clowns - already in the tank

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both should be fine in that size tank I would just get them at a smaller size but eventually you might need to re-home them. All the other proposed fish would work in the tank. For the wrasse just make sure that they have a decent amount of copepods in the substrate.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to reefing and I'm working on putting together a stock list for a Reefer 350. Its dimensions are 47"x21"x20". This is a new tank with (I think) a moderate amount of rock and a 0.5-1" sand bed. I hope to start adding LPS corals at some point over the next 6 months.

I'd like some utilitarian fish for algae, but I don't want to re-home if I can avoid it. Larger fish on the list are a one-spot foxface or a bristletooth tang. Do I need to choose between these two or will both work in the tank?

One spot foxface
White tail or square tail tang
Coral beauty
Red or purple firefish <-Evidently they are easily spooked and hide. This tank is in a moderately trafficked area. I don't want to never see it.
Royal gramma
Melanurus wrasse <---Sand bed too shallow?
Algae, Bicolor or other blenny
Watchman, neon, or pink stripe goby
2 clowns - already in the tank
I think have both the tang and fox face will be too much as they grow out. I would go for the tang as it will not get as big as fast as the fox face will.
Firefish are shy but will get used to things. For the wrasse you need 3” minimum preferably 4” . You can pile the sand in a corner, but it will spread out unless you create at leAst a partial dam with rocks or something. When you release the wrasse in the tank, release it in that area as they typically will bury right away for a few days.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back