HELP!! Tank chipped

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just putting my Radion back on the tank after wiping the salt creep from under it when I heard a crack and its chipped at the top, do I use superglue, reef glue, or silicone to put this piece back in place? It doesn’t have to be the prettiest because it’s under where the light mount goes.
IMG_8570.jpeg
IMG_8571.jpeg
 
I would use a tiny bit of super glue, let it dry, and use a razor blade to scrape off any squeeze out (may be challenging to do so without removing the black paint/pattern)
 
I would get some fine wet/dry sandpaper and smooth over the sharp edges to prevent another crack from forming and not try to put the old piece back in place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new